Whether you’re going on a trip or making a big move, being organized is key to making sure you don’t forget anything important. That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive packing checklist for your convenience. Your list should include all the basics like clothes, toiletries, and travel documents. But don’t forget to add in any items you’ll need for your specific destination or activity like the following
These must-haves can be the difference between an enjoyable vacation and a disaster.
- Money/credit card/ATM card – When you’re traveling, you’ll need money for meals, transportation, and souvenirs. Make sure to bring your preferred form of payment.
- Identification – Keep a valid ID handy in case you are asked to present it while checking into hotels or boarding flights.
- Passport (if traveling abroad) – If you plan on crossing international borders, don’t forget to bring your passport.
- Phone/charger – Staying in touch with friends and family at home is essential while you’re away, so make sure to pack your phone along with the charger.
Clothing greatly depends on the weather, but here are some staples to include in your bag.
- Undergarments – Don’t forget the basics like underwear and socks!
- Weather-appropriate clothing – Depending on your destination, this could mean anything from a warm coat to a bathing suit.
- Bottoms and shirts – Whether shorts, jeans, a skirt, or shirts and blouses, make sure you have enough to mix and match.
- Shoes – Make sure you have the right shoes for walking, hiking, running, and more.
The worst thing when going on a trip is forgetting to bring something important. Make sure you’ve got all the necessary toiletries packed in your bag, like:
- Toiletries – Don’t forget all the essentials like shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, and a toothbrush.
- Medicines – If you take any prescription medications, make sure to bring enough for the duration of your trip.
- Toiletries bag – An organized toiletry bag will keep all of your products together and easy to find.
Now that we covered the necessities, here are some other useful items to consider packing in your suitcase:
- Maps/travel guides – Having a physical map or guidebook can come in handy if you’re visiting an unfamiliar city.
- Camera/video recorder – Capture all of your special memories with a camera or video recorder.
- Electronics (laptop, tablet, etc) – If you plan on doing any work while away, make sure to bring the necessary electronics.
- Entertainment items – Books, music players, and games are good ways to pass the time when traveling.
- Headphones – Make sure to bring headphones to keep your music or movies to yourself, especially if you board a plane.
- Snacks – Packing snacks can save you money and time during the trip, so don’t forget them!
- Umbrella – In case of rain, you’ll be glad you remembered this.
- Personal documents – Don’t forget to bring any important papers (birth certificates, marriage licenses, wills) that you may need while away from home.
Now that you have this ultimate packing checklist as your guide, you can confidently prepare for your next adventure knowing that you won’t forget a thing! Happy travels!