There are many reasons why you may need to rent a storage unit and, in some cases, climate controlled storage is necessary. Climate controlled units provide a more regulated temperature and humidity level when compared to regular storage units. Before deciding whether or not climate control is right for you, consider the following:
7 Reasons for Climate Controlled Storage
- Protects temperature-sensitive items – Furniture, clothing, and electronics are all sensitive to extreme temperatures. If exposed to high heat or cold air for an extended period of time, these items can become damaged and warped.
- Protection from moisture – Moisture in the air can cause mold and mildew growth on items stored in a unit. Damage from mold and mildew is not covered by storage insurance, so it’s important to protect items that could be affected.
- Protection against pests – Pests like bugs, rodents, and birds can all get into regular storage units. Climate controlled units have better seals on the doors which provide greater protection against pests.
- Keeps items in better condition – Items stored in climate controlled units stay in better condition than those stored in regular storage units. This is especially important for valuable items like antiques and artwork.
- Safer storage of food and drinks – Food and beverages are sensitive to temperature fluctuations, so it’s important to keep them at a consistent temperature. Climate controlled units ensure this is possible.
- More comfortable environment – Climate controlled units have a more comfortable atmosphere, which makes it easier to access items stored in the unit.
- Longer storage life – Items stored in climate controlled units can last much longer than those stored in regular storage units due to the regulated temperature and humidity levels.
No matter what you’re storing, it’s important to consider climate control before renting a storage unit. Climate controlled units may cost more but they offer greater protection for your belongings.