Are you looking for the best winter activities to do while vacationing in Denver? Look no further! From snowshoeing and ice skating to skiing and snowboarding, here’s a list of 8 amazing winter activities that will make your stay in Denver extra special.
- Snowshoeing – Snowshoeing is a great way to explore the breathtaking scenery of Denver while getting a great workout at the same time. For the best views, head to the trails at Echo Lake Park or St. Mary’s Glacier.
- Ice Skating – One of the most popular winter activities in Denver is ice skating, and it can be enjoyed by all levels of skaters from beginners to pros. The best spot for outdoor ice skating is Civic Center Park, where you’ll find a large rink.
- Skiing and Snowboarding – Denver is home to some of the best ski resorts in the country. Colorado Ski Country USA lists Breckenridge, Copper Mountain and Arapahoe Basin as great skiing spots for beginners. For more experienced skiers, Loveland and Winter Park are both great options.
- Snow Tubing– Snow tubing is a great way to enjoy some winter fun with family and friends. The best spot for snow tubing in Denver is the Frisco Adventure Park, which offers 4 different lanes for tubing.
- Sledding – Sledding is a classic winter activity that’s perfect for kids of all ages. The best spots for sledding near Denver includeEcho Lake Park, Eldora Mountain Resort and Winter Park.
- Snowmobiling – Explore the snow-covered trails of Denver with a snowmobile ride! Snowmobiling is an exhilarating way to experience winter in all its glory. The best spots for snowmobiling near Denver are St. Mary’s Glacier, Rollins Pass and Copper Mountain.
- Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides – Experience Denver in a unique way with a horse-drawn sleigh ride! The most popular spot for sleigh rides is Echo Lake Park, where you can take a romantic ride under the stars.
- Snow Sculpture Building – Challenge your creative side with snow sculpture building! This fun activity is great for adults and kids alike, and all you need are a few basic tools. Head to the Botanic Gardens at Chatfield or Rocky Mountain National Park for the best snow sculpture building spots near Denver.
No matter what kind of winter activities you’re looking to do, Denver has something for everyone! Staying in or running a vacation home in Denver will surely put you right in the middle of all of theses wonderful and challenging activities. Make sure your gear is stored and bundle up in your warmest clothes and explore all that Denver has to offer this winter season.